Our latest podcast series is called “Cleantech Talk”, focusing on the growing cleantech sector. We’ll be talking to CEOs of cleantech startups, as well as advisors and investors, to find out how this exciting space is developing.
In this episode, we talk to Sam Samida-Pugh, CEO of Progressive Fusion Solutions, a fusion technology company. Sam founded PFS in an effort to develop the world’s first net-gain fusion generator, after planning to build a fusion reactor for a school science fair at the age of 16. Earlier this year, he received the Young Entrepreneur Award in the British Columbia region for the 2019 edition of the Startup Canada Awards.
Listen to this episode to hear Sam discuss:
- how “ageism” has played a part in his entrepreneurial journey;
- how Progressive Fusion Solutions started and what the company aims to achieve;
- what the Polywell reactor is and how it works;
- using an alternative method, inertial electrostatic confinement (IEC), to produce energy;
- why IEC is less known or employed in the traditional fusion sector;
- securing funding for a cleantech startup company;
- how he and the team plan to develop PFS over the next decade.
More from Cleantech Talk
This series will also feature conversations with:
- Julie Angus of Open Ocean Robotics,
- Devesh Bharadwaj and Dr. Ian MacDonald of Pani Energy,
- Peter van der Gracht of QuantoTech, and more.
You can listen to these podcasts, and more, on the streaming platforms listed below:
About Alacrity Canada
Alacrity Canada is a venture builder that supports driven entrepreneurs by connecting them to our global network of expert investors & mentors.
We are currently running a Cleantech Scale-Up Program to help BC clean technology companies drive export revenue and access growth capital from select foreign markets.
For more articles like this, sign up for our newsletter.